If you are suffering from dental anxiety, you are not alone. Many people experience fear and discomfort during dental appointments. what to expect from sedation dentistry? We provide sedation dentistry in Okotoks to relieve our patients from dental anxiety and to ensure they can receive the dental care they need.
Sedation Dentistry Near You
We provide sedation dentistry in Okotoks, AB, to help you relax before and during your appointment. There are various types of sedation offered, depending on the level of fear.
Our office provides sedation dentistry near you to patients who experience:
- Difficulty sitting still during the procedure
- Jaw or facial soreness
- Strong gag reflexes
- Anxiety caused by the sounds and smells of dental treatment
- Anxiety caused by discomfort or pain
We offer three types of sedation. The first and mildest form is nitrous oxide. Patients will inhale the nitrous oxide through a breathing mask during the treatment.
Oral sedation offers stronger and longer-lasting effects compared to nitrous oxide. Patients will take a pill before their appointment. While undergoing oral sedation, patients will remain conscious.
Intravenous (IV) sedation provides deep sedation. Our staff will constantly monitor and supervise you while undergoing IV sedation. Patients will be completely asleep during the procedure. We recommend this method to patients who suffer from severe dental anxiety during lengthy, intense procedures.
Three Takeaways About Sedation Dentistry
- If you’re looking to receive sedation dentistry near you, our dentist will examine your medical history, anxiety level, and medications to determine if you are eligible.
- Please do not drive if you are undergoing sedation.
- If you are undergoing sedation, please rest for the rest of the day after your appointment to recover.
Searching for sedation dentistry near you? We are happy to provide sedation dentistry in Okotoks, AB. If you have any concerns, please contact us.