The goal of root canal therapy is to prevent heavily decayed teeth from extraction. Root canals are painless and effective. Your dentist will remove the decay from your tooth, preventing further spread of infection.
Root Canal Therapy Near You
We offer root canal therapy in Okotoks, AB. Contrary to common belief, the procedure itself is painless. Instead, it reduces the pain and pressure caused by infection and decay. We will provide you with local anesthesia before your procedure to ensure your gums and tooth are numbed.
Often, many patients require a root canal but experience no symptoms. how do know you may need a root canal? Dental checkups are essential to detect decay or infections in the early stages. Symptoms that indicate a need for a root canal include:
- Tender and swollen gums
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Discolouration around the infected tooth
- Pimple-like bump around your gums
- Severe toothaches
If you’re looking to receive root canal therapy near you, your dentist will first remove the decay from your tooth. Afterward, your tooth will be thoroughly cleaned and sealed. We will provide detailed instructions to ensure your recovery period is smooth and quick. Once you have fully recovered, we will permanently place a crown over your tooth for extra strength and protection.
Two Key Points About Root Canal Therapy
- If you’re looking to receive root canal therapy near you, the process is pain-free.
- You may feel discomfort and soreness during your recovery period. We recommend patients keep their heads elevated, take ibuprofen, and use cold compresses to reduce the discomfort.
Looking for root canal therapy near you? We provide root canal therapy in Okotoks, AB, to reduce the pain and pressure caused by excessive decay. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.